I found this recipe – so tried it. It really turned out good and tasted fantastic – and I had no guilt!
10 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon no-trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread stick, melted
3 cups chocolate reduced-fat ice cream, slightly softened
1/2 cup fat-free hot fudge topping
2/3 cup chopped pecans
3 cups vanilla reduced-fat ice cream, slightly softened
1/4 cup fat-free caramel topping
1. In small bowl, mix wafer cookie crumbs and melted vegetable oil spread until crumbly. Press gently and evenly in bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
2. Drop chocolate ice cream by small spoonfuls over crust; carefully spread until smooth. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
3. Spoon and carefully spread fudge topping over ice cream. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the pecans; press lightly. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
4. Drop vanilla ice cream by small spoonfuls over pecan layer; carefully spread until smooth. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup pecans. Cover; freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
5. To serve, let stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes to soften. Carefully remove side of pan. Cut into 12 wedges. Place each wedge on individual dessert plate; drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of the caramel topping. Store remaining ice cream cake covered in freezer.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.